So I did an award post a couple months ago, and a thought occurred to me while filling it out: why can’t I make my own blog tag thingy? For one thing, I’d make sure all the questions are actually fun and thought-provoking, and can’t simply be answered with a boring one or two word answer, which is often the case. Also, I’d get free publicity! And I’d provide all those suffering from writer’s block some much-needed relief.
(I hear writer’s block is at its worst in the spring. Okay so I made that up, but it’s probably true.)
So I went ahead and invented my own blog tag, and here it is.
It’s called the Little Engine tag, because why not? The picture above is to be included in all future responses to this tag, unless the blogger in question simply doesn’t want to include it. In that case I am powerless to stop them.
Naturally, there are some rules to this tag, namely:
- Each answer you give to a question has to be more than two sentences long. Or at the very least, you have to make those two sentences meaningful.
- There will be two bonus questions at the end, that the blogger gets to change to whatever they want to ask when they nominate someone else. The first six questions, however, are set in stone.
- At the end you must nominate three to five other bloggers. Okay, so you don’t have to, but that would be nice if you could. (I want my blog name to spread on for all of eternity.)
- You know how sometimes in quiet classrooms, they’ll be that one guy clicking his pen fifty times a second, and it’s annoying as hell to everyone else? Yeah, don’t be that guy. This doesn’t apply to this tag so much, but more to life in general.
Now, onto the questions, which are:
1.) What’s one of your biggest pet peeves?
(This question was designed to let you rant about something people do that bugs you. For example:)
I for one, hate when people call me “buddy.” It just always feels condescending, even when it isn’t mean to be. I also hate people call me “dumbass,” for more obvious reasons.
2) What is your favorite song at the moment?
(I included this question because I want to be exposed to more music.)
One song that’s been consistently in my head for the past six months is Where is my Mind? by the Pixies. I heard it on The Leftovers and I’ve been loving it ever since. It is the perfect song to bob your head to.
3) Who is your favorite blogger?
(Besides me, of course.)
Right now I’d pick The Mostly Confused Teenager, despite the fact that she hasn’t posted for a while. It’s just that many of her posts like “Those Crazy American Commercials” and “Being French,” are hilarious and well-written and I would like to get more of them, please.
4) What’s the nicest thing you’ve seen someone do recently?
(You can also write about something you did, if you want.)
There was a little kid in a wheelchair at McDonald’s the other day who went up to the counter alone and asked for an ice cream cone. The problem was that he couldn’t hold the cone and still steer back to his table at the same time, so my manager went over and helped him out, despite the restaurant being very busy at the time. This surprised me because said manager is usually a very rude, standoffish woman, but apparently she has a soft spot for handicapped little kids. (Then again, who doesn’t?) So this was a nice heartwarming moment in an otherwise terrible day.
5) What’s something you regret doing?
(Note: don’t pick something that you regret not doing, because those are usually more painful than funny.)
I regret buying an HP printer, because those are the worst, because I have never not had a problem with it since the moment I first set it up.
I also regret giving my friend one of my lottery tickets.
6) If you could take only three items with you to a deserted island, what would they be, and why?
I for one would take my High School Musical 2 dvd, because Troy and Gabriella are my OTP. Then I guess I’d take some scissors, in case I need a haircut. Oh, and a pen cap to chew on.
Pfft, this is so easy.
Now for the bonus questions: (Remember, you can change these to something else if you write your own post.
7) What past fad do you think should make a comeback?
Personally, I hope planking becomes a thing again. I find it hysterical. Remember this, anyone?
8) How would you describe the perfect date?
Mine would be: drive in theater, with the movie being Stephen King’s IT: Part One. Obviously this would never happen, but hey, I could dream.
And now for the nominations. You could nominate anywhere from three to five people, or not at all. But because I’m trying to start a new trend, I’m going to nominating quite a few, and I’ll be calling them out by name.
- Engie, from Musings from Neville’s Navel. I know you’re busy with college and all, but screw college! This tag is much more important.
- Liam, from This Page Intentionally Left Blank. I know you’re busy battling pirates and sea monsters right now, but as they say, the pen is mightier than the sword. Likewise, this tag is mightier than anything you could possibly be doing, so drop everything and get on it.
- Susannah from Susannah Contra Mundum, because of your Lilo and Stitch GIFs.
- Gwendolyn, from Apprentice, Never Master, because you didn’t actually think you’d be able to get out of this post unscathed, did you?
- Shanti, from Virtually Read. I know you just did an award post, but technically this isn’t an award post. It’s an inconvenience more than anything else.
- Katie, from Spiral Bound. You are my mortal enemy, and hopefully you’ll expose a weakness by answering my questions.
- Confused Teen from The Mostly Confused Teenager, because the blogosphere needs you back.
- Kedslover from Alternative Sunny Days, because you are chiller than an ice cream cone.
- Derek, from The Edwards Edition. Where you been, man? And don’t use life as an excuse, because I already called dibs on that one.
- Literary and Lovely, from Literary and Lovely. I approve of your use of calculators.
- Evi, at Adventures Through Pages. This is punishment for posting almost as inconsistently as me.
- Aspen at AKA The Author. I read you were sick with laryngitis, so I decided to make life worse for you by pressuring you into this.
- Elm from Just Call me Elm or Something. If you were an actual elm tree, I probably wouldn’t chop you down unless absolutely necessary.
Well, that’s ten people. Hopefully enough to spread this tag across the universe. I probably forgot someone really important to nominate, so if you’re one of those people I missed, I’m very sorry, and feel free to do this tag anyway, because you deserve it.