1.) I bought a reindeer. It looks cute.
2) I watched The Leftovers Season 2, and I’m starting to wonder if that show was written with me specifically in mind. Because it was perfect. It was everything I love about TV and storytelling in general wrapped up in ten hour-long episodes, although episodes seems like the wrong word to describe them. They’re more like mini-movies, except with better acting, writing, and production values than the majority of movies out there.
3) I applied to several colleges. Haven’t heard back from any of them yet, which probably means they’ve decided that, “An acceptance letter isn’t enough for this kid, we need to drive over to his house and tell him the good news ourselves.”
Yes, that must be it.
4) I got in a surprisingly violent fist fight. It had a happy ending to it though, so all is well.
5) I’ve also decided that I’d make a pretty beastly action hero, because during said fight my arm had apparently been clawed at with tiger-like nails. I have quite-possibly-permanent scars on my arm now, and yet I didn’t even notice the injury until a good half-hour afterward.
Hold on a second. Am I Jessica Jones?
Nope. No I’m not.
6) I saw Mockingjay: Part 2, and loved all of it, except maybe the final scene. It seemed a bit too happy and simple, considering the tone of the rest of the movie. This didn’t stop me from getting all defensive however, when one of my peers called it the worst movie he’d ever seen. (Refer back to #4.)
(Just kidding, guys. I didn’t actually get in a fistfight over a movie. It was actually caused by spilled water.)
7) I sold my old laptop and bought a new one instead. What type of laptop, you ask? Well, it’s obviously an Asus Chromebook Flip C100PA. Duh. Not to brag or anything, but it’s pretty much the greatest laptop in the world, and that includes all laptops from the past, present, future and any/all undiscovered dimensions/parallel universes. The best part is that the Chromebook cost half as much as my old laptop, and yet it’s so much better in every way.
And yes: Google is, in fact, paying me to say all this.
8) There’s a Secret Santa sort of thing going on my job, and I have to give a gift to this girl I don’t actually know very well. So I bought her a wooden reindeer sculpture (see above) and some Christmas-themed cookies, because if she’s anything like me, she likes reindeer and she also needs food to live.
9) I’ve found a group of friends to play Poker with every week, which is one of my life goals, so yeah, I’d consider this a win.
10) I’ve found another quality anti-joke. I apologize in advance for the profanity within, but it’s definitely worth it:
A man walks into a control room. There is a big red button labeled “Nuclear Launch Button.” He walks up and presses it.
A display screen next to the button reads “Input password.” There is a number panel below the screen. He searches around the room, and finds a locked desk. He jimmies it open, and rummages around through it. Inside there is a sheet of paper which says, “Nuclear launch password: 7831662”
He returns to the number panel, and punches in 7831662. The display screen says “Code confirmed. Press again to launch.” He presses the button again. “Launching nuclear arsenal.”
He stares at the screen in shock. “Aw shit…. I fucked up.”
So, what have you done in the past month or so? More importantly, what do tigers dream of when they take a little tiger snooze? I would very much like to know.