That’s right, it’s time for another blog party, and it’s going to be awesome.
But what is a blog party, you may ask? Well, there are two definitions:
- An excuse for me to not to write a complete post.
- When a group of bloggers write about a certain theme/subject/prompt/whatever and link back to the blogger who hosted the “party.” The host then links back to each blogger who participated in his/her own separate post. This way, everyone benefits from an increase in traffic, and they’re introduced to other bloggers they never would’ve met otherwise. Basically, everyone benefits.
The topic for this blog party is:
Write the worst story you can possibly write.
Excited? You better be. For this, you have to write a story that you know for a fact is terrible and unsatisfying, with bizarre plot twists that don’t quite make sense or random celebrity cameos that don’t even serve the plot. It has to be so bad it’s good. We will all give each other complements like “Man, this story sucks!” which will get a reply like “Aw, thanks.”
Credit for the idea goes to Plotwhisperer, who has killer dance moves, I may add.
- Don’t be that guy who writes a story that’s actually genuinely good, in the hopes that the readers will think, “Wow, if he considers this to be bad, all his other work must be amazing!” You won’t fool me.
- The story should be a reasonable length. Nothing over 1,500 words. A little over’s fine.
- I’m not sure how Blogspot works, so if you’re on there and want to participate, comment here with a link to your post, just to be safe.
- Everyone, even complete strangers who are just discovering this blog now, are allowed to participate.
- Your story can be terrible, but the spelling and grammar can’t.
- Have fun.
The part takes place from this Friday (May 16th) to Sunday (May 18th). Be there, or be square. I’ll probably be posting my story tomorrow.