Caution: HUGE spoilers for Game of Thrones.
So I couldn’t think of anything to post that wouldn’t take a long time, so I decided to make a list partially inspired by David Letterman’s Top Ten list and partially inspired by Ned Stark getting his head chopped off.
The unfortunate thing is, we really never really got a chance to figure out what Ned was thinking right before he was beheaded. Even in the book, the whole incident was described from Arya’s point of view, which made it even more tragic, if you think about it. Luckily, I have a deep understanding of Ned Stark’s character, and I think it’s safe to say I could figure what Ned was most likely thinking. And the top ten most likely thoughts are:
*drum roll please*
10) I must admit, I did not see this coming.
9) At least my family’s safe now.
8) Perhaps I shouldn’t have trusted Littlefinger.
7) I can’t even.
6) Maybe if I quickly jerk my head away right before the sword comes down….
5) Man, I really shouldn’t have left Winterfell.
4) *humming the Game of Thones opening theme* God, that song’s catchy.
3) It’s okay. My son will avenge me.
2) Wait a minute—David Letterman’s retiring? But who’s going to replace him now? I guess I’d be okay with Craig Ferguson, but still, that sucks. And here I thought Oprah leaving was heartbreaking…
And the number one thing going through Ned Stark’s head before he lost it is…
1) The Hand of the king? Worst. Job. Ever.