Lately a couple of the blogs I follow have recently hosted blog parties. Blog parties are basically like the TCWT Blog Chain, where the the host gathers up lots of people and they all write a post with a certain theme. Then they link back to the original blog/post.
I wanted to do this, but I couldn’t think of a theme that was actually interesting. Then, a few days ago in the library, I stumbled upon a book called Zombies vs Unicorns. (The picture above is from that book.) Much to my disappointment, the book is not about a huge battle to the death between Zombies and Unicorns (dibs on that plot line, by the way), but instead it’s made up of a bunch of short stories about either zombies or unicorns, and the whole debate is about which fictional creature makes better fiction. The book is awesome.
But this debate isn’t about that. Well, it could be about that, but it could also be about a bunch of other things, not just about which makes better fiction. It could be about which creature would win in battle, which creature is cooler looking, which creature would be most useful, and so on.
So far, I’m on the unicorns’ side. I know what some of you are thinking: “Matt, are you on crack? Zombies are sooo much better than unicorns!”
My response to people who may be thinking that is yes, maybe I’m choosing the wrong side, maybe I’m not. It’s your job to persuade me. And no, I am not on crack. Everyone knows I prefer LSD instead.
Here’s how the Blog Debate works:
Comment in the post below, saying which side you’re on. You could also surprise me by not commenting and then posting anyway, but please don’t.
HQYMA (Hypothetical Questions You May Ask):
- What up with these green and blue fonts? They’re made to distinguish between the question and the answer.
- When do I publish my post? You can post it any time from May 6th to May 10th (It’s one of those work week parties). Don’t forget to link back to this site so I know you posted.
- What if I can’t choose a side? You can write about that as well.
- What if I love/hate them both equally? You can write about that as well.
- Can I write about dragons? Dragons are cool. No, you cannot write about dragons. Although, if this blog debate does well, there will be a sequel blog party, called Dragons vs Vampires, which is another reason to join.
- Were you serious about preferring LSD? You know that’s really bad for you, right? No, I wasn’t serious, although I appreciate your concern.
Now for some super subtle persuasion:
I think you get the point.