There have been way too many award posts on WordPress lately. There’s 12 Award posts on the very first page on my ‘blogs I follow’ list. Enough already, WordPress!
That being said, I will add one last award post to the infinite list of award posts on the internet. If anyone else nominates me as of 2/8/13 (the date I’m writing this), I won’t accept. But you can still nominate me though, because I love being awarded; it makes me feel special. And if you are nominated for this award and you don’t feel like making an award post, feel free to ignore it and move on with your life. Actually, I encourage you to not accept this award and keep writing your usual awesome posts.
Onto the first one:
This first award was given to me by the one and only Amanda Fischer (Corny joke to Amanda: Have you ever thought about being a fischer? Tee-hee). Her blog is here, here, or here. Though you may want to choose your links wisely. Thanks Amanda!
The rules are:
1. Nominate 10 people
2. Answer the questions
3. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
4. Notify the bloggers you nominated.
Since I’m doing more than one award, I’ll wait till the end to nominate everyone. Now to the questions:
1. The job you want to have?
I want to be a doctor, or a writer, or a doctor/writer/secret agent. Whichever one fits me better.
2. Favorite Singer/Band?
I can’t answer this, since I change my favorite band every day. I think I’ll go with The Fray, Coldplay, or My Chemical Romance. I also like Rise Against, Arcade Fire, Taylor Swift (not really), and Eminem.
Actually, does Hans Zimmer count? I’ve been to his Inception soundtrack all day now.
3. Favorite Choc or Sweet?
Milk chocolate bar with almonds, please. I also enjoy Skittles, Reese’s butter cups, and Snickers.
4. Three words to describe you?
Sexy, charming, egotistical. (Credit for this joke goes to Nevillegirl, even though I totally thought up the joke before her.)
The rules for this award are:
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you left
- Ask 11 new questions for those you nominate
- Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate
- Go to each blogger’s page and let them know about the award
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
And the 11 facts are:
- Donna Noble has somehow become my favorite companion on Doctor Who, which is strange because I hated her when she first showed up in the the season 3 Christmas special.
- My two favorite shows are The Walking Dead and Doctor Who, which is unusual since the shows are nothing alike. One’s a British family TV show about a time traveling time lord who goes around saving the earth from aliens, and the other’s an American TV series about zombies, where coming of age means shooting your mother in the head (Well done, Carl!).
- I have never actually read Twilight, but I bash on it as if I had. It just looks really really stupid.
- I have a thing for inspirational quotes. I often leave a post it note with a long, inspirational quote written on it on other people’s lockers and desks, just to brighten their day.
- Babies are incapable of empathy (thanks, John green!)
- I use a lot of parenthesis (it’s true).
- I am currently reading The Gunslinger, having just finished the Underland Chronicles, which may be the greatest children’s series on the face of the planet.
- I thought I am the Messenger was a good book, but the ending was really disappointing.
- I often have random bursts of motivation at one o’ clock in the morning.
- If I have ever have a pet dog, I’m naming him Doc.
- You know how I have the blog guest post award for the 200th commenter? Well, this blog is currently only 60 comments away.
Now, on to the questions:
1. Which is harder for you? Answering the questions on these awards or coming up with them?
Coming up with them, because that requires me to use my imagination and I’m always drained out of that.
2. What’s something unique about you?
I like to mess with people by using their email addresses to sign up for weird, ridiculous sites.
3. Favorite color?
Blue, I think.
4. Rate how much you like reading on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being hate it and 10 being “I gobble up books faster than you can say ‘what’s that book called?’”
5. One thing you wish was different about your favorite book.
That Rudy didn’t die!
6. Favorite school subject?
English, I guess, but that’s only because I hate everything else.
7. Who’s your hero from history?
Franklin D. Roosevelt. That guy had swag.
8. What’s your favorite thing about something you like to do? For example, your favorite thing about photography could be “it helps others see things they don’t usually see.”
My favorite part about snowboarding is the fact that I may very well die if I lose control and fall.
9. What’s your favorite dessert?
An ice-cream sandwich at a restaurant called Bugaboo’s Steakhouse. Not necessary because it tastes good but because it brings back good memories. Plus, there’s like a talking moose that hangs out of the wall! How cool is that?
10. Do you have a favorite country (other than the one you live in)? If so, which one and why?
Ireland, because 1) Everyone in my family is of Irish descent. 2) Because in my experience with them, they’re friendlier than Canadians, which is a big deal for those who judge Canada entirely based off How I Met Your Mother.
11. Do you know any languages other than English? More than a couple phrases of, that is.
I’m taking my third year of Spanish and still barely know anything. This is a huge bummer since I was totally planning on running off to Ecuador next Summer (no joke).
And onto the next blog award!
This one I found on Coffee‘s blog. She said anyone could accept it, and I did because I liked the questions. I’m not sure what it’s called, but I do know that you have to answer a whole bunch of questions:
What was the last book you read? Was it any good? How many stars would you give it, out of 10?
I last read, I am the Messenger, by Markus Zusak. I loved the first 330 pages of the book, but the last thirty were a huge letdown.
WHAT ABOUT MOVIE? I love movies. TELL ME YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE.
My favorite movie is The Dark Knight. Every scene is amazing. The soundtrack is amazing. Heath Ledger’s performance was the best I’ve ever seen, and I’m not just saying that because he died soon after he finished playing him. The Avengers is overrated.
Are you geeky by nature?
Yes, this is made obvious by the fact that I have grown up in as non-geeky of an environment possible. No one in my family reads more than one book a year or watches Doctor Who or Vlogbrothers or listens to movie soundtracks. Yet somehow, despite my influences, I have become the opposite.
Who is your favorite character, from any book/tv show/movie? Why?
The Doctor. Cause he’s just that cool.
Who’s your role model? Why?
Rick Grimes, because even in a zombie apocalypse he still doesn’t lose his morals. Then again, I haven’t seen season 3 yet, so maybe he does.
Which is better: books, tv shows, movies, or music?
Don’t ask me these questions, my head will explode.
Do you have any (quirky or normal) daily/weekly rituals? I write inspirational quotes on bathroom stalls for some reason.
What was the last thing you wrote (besides this post/comment)?
An essay for social studies. It’s about Japanese culture and whatnot.
Do you believe in Soul Mates and One True Loves and junk?
Yes and no. I choose not to elaborate any further.
WHO IS YOUR OTP AND WHY?
Jake Epping and Sadie Dunhill. They’re in the book 11/22/63 by Stephen King. It’s a great book, one of King’s best.
Now for my questions. Note: These questions are for all the blog awards. So if you get nominated, you could choose whichever blog award sounds the funnest to do, but you’ll still have to answer these questions whether you like it or not.
- What was the coolest thing you’ve ever done?
- If you were watching a version of the Hunger Games where Rue and Finnick were the last remaining tributes, which one would you want to win?
- Knock knock?
- Are you writing a novel of any sorts? If so, what’s it about?
- What’s your opinion on censoring books?
- Who is your favorite superhero?
- Would you start smoking for $30,000?
- What is your favorite book? Why?
- Where do babies come from? (You can skip this question if you like)
- Would you play Russian Roulette one time with only one bullet for a million dollars? Think about it: there’s a one in six chance of you dying, but if you don’t die, you get a million dollars.
- What’s your favorite TV show?
And the nominees (because, I’m a rebel, I’m only picking 6.)
- Liam. I only nominated you because apparently it’s becoming a trend where bloggers nominate you just for the sake of annoying you. I hope you don’t mind, but I think I’ll hop on this bandwagon.
- Apprenticenevermaster. Her blog is like cake–it tastes good. Despite some differences on whether ducks are better than rabbits or not, we have become good bliends (a mixture between blog and friends).
- Geek Transitioner. She’s a Sparkitor and a Whovian. What’s not to love?
- Cait. I keep forgetting about her blog since it’s on Blogger, which is a shame because her blog’s awesome. Excuse me while I subscribe to her blog via email…
- Bouts of Lunacy. Her blog is awkward, crazy, and awesome, which is weird since it happens to say that just below the title on her homepage. Probably a coincidence.
- Amanda. I’m nominating you for the last blog award on the condition that you nominate me again, just for ha-has.
Have a great day, readers. Sorry this took so long to be written.